Charlottesville’s leading entrepreneurs and technology professionals honored MadiDrop PBC with the Charlottesville Business Innovation Council’s (CBIC) 2017 Social Good Award for our commitment to the global drinking water crisis. Voted on by guests at the annual CBIC awards gala, the Social Good award recognizes our success focusing on international humanitarian needs while practicing sound business principles. The award reaffirms our mission to ensure every family has the ability to have safe household water. We are thankful to CBIC and the Charlottesville community for being our champions to improve health for families around the world.
Other award recipients included:
- Innovator: PsiKick, developing low-power wireless sensors
- Business: Silverchair, supporting a digital platform for publishers
- Entrepreneur: VividCortex, providing website database monitoring tools
- Student: AgroSpheres, developing degradable chemical sprays for crops
- Job Creator: WillowTree, providing mobile marketing and software
- Startup: Center for Open Science, encouraging reproducibility of scientific research.
Josh Mandell provided a complete breakdown of the awards at Charlottesville Tomorrow.
Read CBIC’s press release.