How to Use the MadiDrop
Designate a covered drinking water container with a spigot to limit contamination from hands and other external sources. Use the MadiDrop in a 10-20 liter water storage container and leave it there. Water added daily is continuously treated.
Best Practice Recommendations:
- Turbidity does not affect the performance of the MadiDrop, but may affect taste. Remove dirt and turbidity using any filtration technique.
- Leaving some unconsumed water in the container will help disinfect the replacement water.
- Clean the drinking water container as needed to remove accumulated sediment. Remove and rinse the MadiDrop and rinse the container.
Longer Exposure Time= Better Disinfection
Under circumstances where total bacterial levels are ‘High’ or ‘Too Numerous to Count’, the MadiDrop may require more time (24 - 48 hours in some cases) for total disinfection.
- The MadiDrop does not remove turbidity, inorganic/organic material, arsenic, fluoride, nitrates, lead, sodium/saltwater, or other compounds and pollutants commonly found in water.
- Chlorinated drinking water will not damage the MadiDrop or affect disinfection capabilities, but discoloration may occur.
- The MadiDrop does not dissolve in water. The ceramic is engineered to withstand an aqueous environment.